Saturday, January 26, 2013

How To Spend A Snowy Saturday

First, breakfast. With lots of coffee. And surveying of the wintry scene.

Two views of our front yard and road outside our house. About 2-3 inches of snow fell last night. I think we got at least an inch in the first hour of the storm. It was pretty fast, and covered the freezing cold roads pretty quickly.









Then there has to be some beagles, and maybe a cat. Just because.











Of course, there has to be some reading, while wearing wool socks, all cozied up on my favorite chair.


This is after a morning of errand-running, which included a trip to my least-favorite tack shop in the world, only because they had a dressage whip in stock for cheap, and my other, more favored shop did not.

And a trip to the fabric store for supplies for my newest obsession:

Needle-felting!

Kira taught me the basics on Friday afternoon, and I've been working on a small sculpture of Champ for the last two days. I needed more needles, and some wool roving in primary colors, so a trip to Jo-Ann Fabrics was necessary.

On a snowy day, it's also a good idea to have some hot tea with you as you read, or needle-felt.

Snowy days are also really good for playing the Wii.

And for memorizing your dressage test.

It's also a good time to give the guinea pigs some love. They need love, too.

That's Phineas. He's MUCH bigger than our new guy, Cyril, who is much more social than Phineas is, but Wren tries to love on them both so nobody feels left out.

Snow is no deterrent to grilling hot dogs for dinner, especially if it isn't actively snowing.

We had a pretty great day, snow and all. And no, I did not go for a run this time. I just didn't feel up to it.
I'm really glad the barn horse show is rescheduled from tomorrow to next week, though. It's still really cold outside!
 And the best thing to do at the end of a snowy day is...sleep.
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment