Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day 21

I think I may have to avoid Facebook today so I don't feel the need to punch all the people who are complaining and whining about the lack of snow at the moment. No matter WHAT happens with the weather, SOMEone is going to get their panties in a wad about it, and about what the schools do or do not do.

Chill out, people.

It's not the damn end of the world if you have to take a day off!! Relax, and enjoy the unexpected gift. Or don't, but I promise you, complaining about it isn't going to change a thing at this point.

I really, really, really, REALLY hope we get some serious snow. I am all set to be home for a couple of days.

So far, this is the view from my kitchen window (ignore the fact that the window is dirty):


And this is the sky over my backyard:


Kids are happy, though. They are playing Minecraft like their lives depend on it:


I am working for a little while, then running various kids to appointments this afternoon.I'm hoping the university cancels Travis' night class tonight.

Maybe I will sew or work on some of the various ideas lurking in my brain. I have been making a lot of starts on ideas and projects, but then the Well dries up, or my Muse goes out for coffee or something, because I can't get past the beginning stages. I *was* getting frustrated by that, but in considering it, I'm not, anymore. My art-making is a continuum which exists as a stream or river in my life right now, and there's no real deadline on anything.Sometimes I wish I could get back into doing art shows and making work for sale, but it's just not possible right now, and I can accept that. Although I have committed myself to working at the torch this week sometime, while it is really cold and the kiln can warm the laundry room, because it's been FAR too long--months and months-- since I played with fire.

I admit to thoughts of selling my equipment, to add to the horse fund, and also because I'm just not using it. But it took me so long, and so much effort to buy that caliber of kiln, I don't want to let it go. I really need to buy the O2 concentrator I need to power the new torch, but that will have to wait a bit til I can figure out a revenue stream for that.

Anyway, I'm sitting here, enjoying a little bit of relative peace, and waiting for the snow. I know several of my friends are wishing as hard as their minds will let them for it to go away, but wishing won't make it so. Just like wishing for the snow won't bring it here. Sad, but true, bit of information about life. Real magic is out there, but it doesn't control the weather.

I hope you have an enjoyable day, anyway, whether it snows or not, whether you think the school systems are stupid to close before snow is on the ground or not, whether you like the snow, or irrationally hate it with the fire of a thousand suns.


No comments:

Post a Comment