Saturday, June 25, 2011

Horse Lover


My wallet may very well regret this down the road, but I am slowly cultivating another horse-loving girl in this house.
Wren meets Cygne at the Deep Run Hunt Horse Show


I took Wren to a local, large hunter-jumper show today, because she has heard her older sister talk on and on about working horse shows with her dad, and Wren has begged and begged to go to a show. I needed an equine infusion myself, so off we went.




It was really fun. I think she petted every single white horse on the property, ponies included. We got to touch the velvety noses and pat the muscular necks and feel how soft and smooth their coats were. I took in the sights and smells (yes, I'm crazy, but I love the leather/horse/hay smell of the barn), and tried not to think about how long it's been since I last rode a horse.

I think there might be riding lessons in the future for Wren.



No comments:

Post a Comment